King Soopers - Horrible Customer Service!!!!!
I have been a customer of KS at the Wadsworth/Jewell location in Lakewood, Colorado for a while. This past Tuesday I experieced the worst customer service EVER while trying to purchase cigarettes at the CS counter! I'm currently on crutches and needed my son's help with carrying a hand basket for my groceries. He wasn't standing in line with me but was standing off to the side while I stood in line at the customer service counter to purchase myself 2 pks of cigarettes. When I got up to the counter, the female CS employee literally said nothing to me. I then asked for 2 pks of American Spirits. She still said nothing but turned to grab them out of the locked glass case. She then put them on the counter and asked my (adult) son for his I.D. My son and I looked at each other perplexed. I told the CS girl that the cigarettes were for myself. She said "I need to see yours as well". I removed my driver's license from my wallet and gave it to her. She then insisted to still see my son's identification, which he didn't have on his person at that moment, because it was in the car (since he wasn't buying groceries for himself). I again told her the cigarettes were for myself and that 'I' was paying for them. She refused to sell them to me because my son happened to be with me and he looked 'young' (in her opinion). Now, I understand stores have policies they're expected to enforce by law, but my issue is with the rude and condescending way in which this particular CS employee was 'enforcing it'. Because of her LACK of customer service skills, (no smile, no greeting, just a detached blank stare that clearly conveyed 'what do you want') and the flat tone in her voice while insisting to see my son's I.D., AND not bothering with any explanation or details on this particular KS store policy, but just said "it's store policy and I'm not going to lose my job over it because you don't understand it". Her tone and attitude was so condescending that I asked to speak to a manager. She then turned to the young man working the CS desk with her (who I was told later is her supervisor) and told him the situation, and in the same tone and condescending manner he said "it's store policy and there's nothing we can do about it". By this time I was visibly upset which must have made the young man decide that she could ring my cigarettes up for me "this one time only". She did as was told and once she was done, she literally tossed the two packs at me across the counter and immediately did the same thing with my receipt! My son and I just stood there with our mouths dropped. I have never experienced such blatant rudeness like that EVER! I called the 'real' store manager the next day and he promised to look into the matter. However, after being made to feel like the *** of the earth by two young adults who clearly haven't the faintest idea of what 'CUSTOMER SERVICE' really means, I've decided to shop and transfer all pharmeceutical prescriptions to Walmart (where they're cheaper anyway) and I will never spend a dime in any King Sooper's ever again. This is just one of many unsatifactory experiences I've had from this particular KS store over the years ie; purchasing a $4 loaf of bread on a Saturday and seeing mold growing on it 3 days later...or the produce being so old that you see a slimey film on the bottoms of the produce racks as though they're never cleaned and sanitized! You've gone to considerable lengths refacing your stores and making them look nice but honestly, you really aren't fooling your customers. It's the overall experience that really matters to us, the consumer, because we are the ones experiencing 'first hand' the detached mood of the Customer Service Representative who rudely enforces a store policy without a detailed explanation, or the expensive loaf of bread that wasn't fresh, or the bad produce sitting out with a high price point per pound! You advertise your stores as 'valuing' your customers, but honestly, I don't recall a time while shopping at King Soopers, that I felt valued as a costumer. The computerized voice at the checkout stands that says, "Welcome Valued Customer" is the only indication given that I (the consumer) matter. I guess as long as a computer is saying it to us, then your store management and their employees don't have to work at proving it to us. As far as the strong enforcement of your cigarette purchase policy goes, I get it. Too bad you don't apply the same type of strong enforcement to better training of customer service skills to all of your employees! Thank you for your time and consideration into this matter.
You may also like
- "Oil change at WAL-MART resulted in engine plug falling out September 30, 2011, locking up my engine. Towed to 2 shops that verified it was a WALMART problem. WALMART would..."
- "I am one of the many players banned in the recent wave of bans by Kixeye in War Commander. The bans seem to be targeting mainly high level accounts. Why..."
- "This is my experience at CABELAS!! I received (3) NeoAIr XLite sleeping pads by Thermarest as a gift and then went in Cabelas and bought (3) more for the rest of..."
- "I ordered a bag,leggings,and a Christmas present for my husband which is a jacket. I received the bag 2 weeks later. Then my leggings a week later I've Emailed them..."
- "I went to Walmart in Lebanon Indiana at 8 am Friday to get 3 advertised items. A 2 in 1 laptop, the 40" TV and the wireless printer. TVs were..."
- "I purchased a set of Giovanna wheels from this guys and after 8 months the paint start peeling I contact them and send them a pictures but after going back..."
- "My DR Horton built home is less than 2 years old at the time of this post. Less than 1 year after my home was finished the driveway has..."
- "I purchased three items on 06/05/2014 totaling $560.42. The items were 80250976 x2 and one 40227983 which is two bookshelves and one piece that joins them together. These items were..."
- "This is the worst bed ever. It is nothing more than a high priced air mattress.. My plastic frame bent after one week of having the bed and it will..."